Giustini / Stagetti | Max Ingrand
Gallery based in Rome specialized in both Italian design masters of the XXth century and international contemporary authors.
italian, modern, design, contemporary, international, designers
18582
page,page-id-18582,page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,vss_responsive_adv,qode-theme-ver-8.0,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.9.2,vc_responsive
MAX INGRAND

Having studied at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, Ingrand specialised at the École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs, under the guidance of major artists such as Charles Lemaresquier and Jacques Grüber, the most important glass master of his era. He began working after World War II, when he took part in rebuilding the stained glass of the churches destroyed during the conflict.

 

He contributed also to the decoration of civil buildings, both public and private (hotels, houses, theatres) and he was artistic director of Fontana Arte since 1954 for a decade. He had the responsability to supervise every product of the company, besides designing many models himself. One above all – mod. 1853, now marketed as “Fontana” table lamp – became soon very famous and it symbolizes now the archetypical form for the abat-jour.
In 1967 he left Fontana Arte and he founded his own company named Verre Lumière, which was one of the first to produce halogen lamps.